- 10 Collectible Things You Can Sell on Facebook Market Place That Are Too Heavy or Complicated to Ship
- Selling on Facebook Marketplace-5 Easy Steps to Get Started
- Sell Your Clutter on Facebook Market Place-Prohibited and Restricted Items
My hubby and I have personally successfully sold items on Facebook Market Place. All our items were large pieces of furniture and electronic equipment.
Before getting into the step by step process so lets get started with the Facebook Commerce Policy. This is important because you don’t want to have your items taken down or your account flagged before you get a chance to sell some of your items.
Whenever you sell your items on Facebook Marketplace you are creating a listing that can be seen by anyone on Marketplace and in News Feed, search and other places on or off Facebook. All listings on Marketplace and buy and sell groups must adhere to Facebook’s rules.
Prohibited Items(I am not making this up this is directly from Facebook)
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- You must sell a physical item.
Anything that isn’t a physical product for sale cannot be sold. For example:
- “in search of” posts.
- lost and found posts.
Services like housekeeping, as well as event tickets, are only available on the marketplace by coordinating with one of Facebook’s Partners. You would have to contact Facebook directly for more info on establishing with one of their partners.
The buying and selling of tickets is restricted.
Concert, festival or other event tickets
Sporting event tickets
Transit tickets, including train tickets, airline tickets and cruise tickets
Admission tickets, including tickets for museums, historical sites and parks
The buying and selling of gift cards is restricted.
Electronically delivered gift cards
Physical gift cards
So now you have it. You are probably looking at this list and saying “But I have seen some of these items on the Market Place sold by individuals.” That’s true I have too but better not to take a chance to being ok today and “flagged ” or account restricted the next day.
The next post will be more fun and have easy steps for getting started.